Before you can become an active member of the BestPigeons.com Auction, buyers and sellers must read, agree, and accept ALL terms and conditions listed below. It is also the responsibility of the buyer/seller to stay up to date with any new terms and conditions changes.
- During registration, you must provide us with your full, real name, address, telephone number, email address (if applicable) and all other pertinent information.
- Buyers must be at least 18 years of age. If management believes false information has been provided, or we suspect that unethical methods were used, any buyer or seller can be excluded or banned from the site.
- Management reserves the right to exclude any buyer or seller for any reason and has final authority for any issue.
- Seller must offer a 10-day refund to buyer for any reason. This may include a replacement bird, if agreed upon by buyer.
- Any seller running up prices will immediately be banned from the site.
- Auctions must close on a Sunday and can run up to two weeks.
- Payment must be made in USD or equal.
- If a bird is returned, buyer pays return shipping at his/her own cost.
- Management reserves the right to restart the auction, as a result of technical delays or system crashes.
- BestPigeons.com respects your privacy and will never sell or provide your personal information, user ID’s, etc., to third parties for marketing purposes, without your complete consent.
- BestPigeons.com is the liaison between seller and buyer and cannot guarantee the truthfulness of text and pictures provided by the seller. It is the seller’s responsibility to deliver accurate, truthful information listed on the auction site.
Information on the website, regarding the auction, will be published to the best of our ability. We cannot accept legal responsibility or be held liable for mistakes or omissions on the site. We will do our best to rectify any errors as soon as we are informed and will correct those issues, as well as advise those affected. If changes are made after a bid, the buyer can cancel a previously placed bid.
- Once an auction has closed, the seller and buyer will receive an email with pertinent information regarding the auction. In most cases, the buyer will be charged within 48 hours.
- Payments must be made via check, money order, credit card, PayPal or bank wire transfer.
Once the the auction closes, the seller will be notified that payment was received. We will send customer shipping information to the seller for shipment of bird(s).
- While birds are under our care, BestPigeons.com will not accept liability for deaths, losses, damages, costs or expenses. We will also not be held liable for any of the above issues incurred by the buyer, as a result of complications that arise during the delivery of the auction bird.
Example: If a bird has a bid of $200 and a proxy bid of $300, and a new bidder puts in a proxy bid of $500, the next visible bid will be $325 to the new bidder. The site will not show the bids between the two proxy bids from $200 to $325.
Raising Proxy Bids:
Example: If you are the high bidder and have the proxy bid set, you can raise your proxy bid. To be safe, always put in your maximum proxy bid.
- If a bid is placed during the final 10 minutes of the closing of the auction, the auction will be extended by 15 minutes. This will continue until no bid is placed in the final 10 minutes of the auction closing.
- Once your bid is placed on the auction website, it cannot be canceled, as your bid is binding.
- Between $0 and $1,000: Bids must be in increments of $10 or more.
- Between $1,000 and $2,000: Bids must be in increments of $50 or more.
- Between $2,000 and $5,000: Bids must be in increments of $100 or more.
- Between $5,000 or more: Bids must be in increments of $250 or more.
Recommended Photo Sizing:
- Bird Photo JPEG - 1520 x 1013 pixels (7.5 x 11 inches) - File size: 275 kb - Most sizes will work perfectly
- Eye Photo JPEG - 1445 x 1445 pixels - File size: 278 kb - Most sizes will work perfectly
- Pedigree JPEG - 1444 x 1881 pixels - File size: 399 kb - Most sizes will work perfectly
- 15% commission for pigeons posted by the seller.
- Shipping cost(s) will be paid by the buyer.
- Buyers are encouraged and welcome to send checks to avoid credit card transaction fees.
- BestPigeons.com welcomes international bidders, however, please contact us before placing a bid, so we can ensure that the auction birds can be shipped to your intended country.
- International buyers are responsible for all bank charges incurred by themselves and us.
- Although we will assist with international shipment of auction birds, we cannot accept responsibility or liability for the birds, once they leave our care. Shipment is entirely at the buyer’s risk and expense.
- All auction birds should be vaccinated for paramyxovirus (PMV) three weeks prior to being posted on auction site.
- All birds submitted for auction MUST be healthy and parasite free.
- If a seller withdraws a bird from an auction, and the bird is already at our holding loft, we reserve the right to charge administrative and extended care costs.